Friday, March 25, 2011

remembering to slow down



i love the feeling of accomplishing something and checking it off of my list. some days i think the drive to get things done causes me to miss some sweet moments with logan. this morning instead of going to the gym (or getting other things done) i decided to slow down and just cuddle logan, something that he usually doesn't allow for more than 5 seconds. but this morning he let me cuddle him, sing to him and rock him to sleep for about 40 minutes. it was so wonderful! i thought about how things for him (and me) are going to change soon and i was so grateful for that moment. it also reminded me of the talk president uchtdorf gave last conference, "of things that matter most." he said, "my dear brothers and sisters, we would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." i was grateful for the reminder this morning of what matters most.

No comments: