Wednesday, May 28, 2008
monday was packed to the brim. we started out at the church for a delicious breakfast put on by the high priests. once we were full of great food, we were ready to hit the trails. we headed with our friends jake and the smiths - cole, mindy, lincoln and payton to castlewood canyon for some hiking. it was the perfect weather for hiking, the scenery was beautiful and we had fun with our friends! cole and mindy have *the cutest* kids and it was fun to be with them. lincoln is dave's little buddy and they had a great time together!
after the hike, we ran home to shower and headed over to dave's parent's house to meet up with his family, grandparents and aunt/uncle/cousins. i played ddr [dance dance revolution] for the first time and i must say, i wasn't very good at it. i definitely need to practice. then we ran to a bbq at seth and megan's house and had a great time visiting with friends. we finished up the night by seeing the new narnia movie and we recommend it. whew!! i'm tired just recapping the day. it was fantastic and a much needed break from work!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
for almost 3 years i have been an ordinance worker at the denver temple. it has been an incredible opportunity to serve and grow. my understanding, love of the temple and its' sacred ordinances has increased and my gratitude for the beautiful plan of salvation has grown. it has been a blessing to be taught by our incredible temple presidency. i have now been called to work with the young women and mutual falls on the same night that i work at the temple. this past wednesday was my last time working and it was bittersweet. i will miss the opportunity to spend so much time serving in the temple (i guess i'll need to go as a patron more often now) and i will miss the wonderful people that i have been able to serve with. but i look forward to building new relationships and serving with the girls in young women's.
the picture at the top was taken from sara and eli morey's blog. great picture guys! thanks! and the pictures below were taken by our wonderful photographer the day we were married.
here are some highlights (good and bad) from the week:
- working 14-19 hour days for a week straight and falling into bed each night for what seemed like a minute before my alarm went off again
- our core team used walkie-talkies for the week and we even got the stellar earpiece (think secret service). it did take some adjustment to be able to hold a conversation with someone while people were talking in my ear. after a week of being plugged in every moment except for when i slept, i went through a little bit of withdrawl when i finally turned my radio in (and didn't have voices in my head any longer)
- tired, aching feet...but not as tired or aching as they could have been thanks to my comfy shoes...love clark's
- amazing smoothies and food
- a constant supply of chips and candy bars...not my healthiest week of eating
- great entertainment-hootie & the blowfish (not the friendliest group of people and totally high maintenance, but put on a fun concert), frank caliendo (always good for a laugh), todd oliver & the funny dogs (a hilarious ventriloquist who makes dogs...real dogs..."talk"), barenaked ladies (hilarious! crazy canadians :) the kind of people you want to be friends with-the guys in the picture below. please disregard my ugly hair. this was the last day of our event and by this time i was just trying to not fall asleep on my feet. cute hair no longer mattered)
- getting a free autographed BNL cd
- visiting the grand ole opry. exciting for a country loving girl like me. i was devastated though because carrie underwood was inducted into the grand ole opry the night before i arrived in nashville (and introduced by garth brooks). i was so sad i wasn't there to see it.
- watching country music videos in the morning on GAC (great american country)
- talking to my sweet hubby each night and finally coming home to him (this was the longest we have been apart).
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Thursday, May 8, 2008
our latest discovery...hola fruta! we totally recommend it.
getting a refund check from t-mobile for the new phone i bought. i ended up making $30 on the phone. not bad!
this week has been a tough week for me at work...too much work and too little time. i have wanted to cry more than once (actually i think i did once) and i have wanted to walk out a couple of times. but that's not an option and now there is just one more day of work before i leave for our conference in nashville (what all the work has been for). dave has been so wonderful as i have been a total stress case this week. tonight i came home and there were tea light candles all over the apartment, 2 dozen roses and he had dinner ready. after dinner he insisted i take a bath and relax while he did the dishes. i sure am a lucky girl. he is the best!!
buster and gradma lorrie and the ice cream cake
kari and pete chillin' the whole gang hanging out
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
on the actual big day we stuffed ourselves at haciendas (check out all the food below) and then headed back the wessler's for ice cream cake (no matter how stuffed you are there is always room for ice cream cake).