- we had internet problems. i don't know what happened in the first place to bring on the problems and i am not quite sure what finally fixed them, but i am glad we are back up and running.
- i became *addicted* to the "twilight" series by stephenie meyer. seriously, it was ridiculous (although i am sure anyone who has read them will understand). when i borrowed the books from my friend mindy, her husband cole said to dave, "you can call me when she starts reading and totally ignores you." any spare minute i had was taken up with reading. i even had a hard time working and would build in little breaks throughout the day so i could read. one night i was reading while brushing my teeth. i told dave i would be right in after i finished brushing. an hour later (at 12:45 am) he found me leaning against the bathroom counter still reading. needless to say i was obsessed and it didn't leave any time for blogging.
- i thought i had other excuses but i have forgotten them now (obviously not very convincing excuses). refer back to the 2nd excuse...twlight, new moon and eclipse are my main excuse.
for the last couple of weekends we have had some fun times with our friends. even though i am little slow posting about them, i still wanted to share.most of our fun has involved food and games (food, games and friends...i can't complain):
- "dirty marbles" and ice cream sundaes with cole and mindy
- lasagna, amazing carrot cake and "settlers of catan" with cole and mindy
- "rummikub" and chocolate chip cookies with chris and anna
- fondue and "ticket to ride"
dave and lincoln, mindy and cole's *darling* little guy. we just love lincoln...and he sure loves dave (all the little kids love dave). he even called dave one day...just to chat. yes, he just barely turned 2 and is quite the social little guy. look at that smile, don't you just want to kiss him?! [i could say that about either guy :)]
the day after valentines day mindy and cole threw a fondue party. it was a really fun night with great food and company. we were definitely full and happy by the end...anna brought a delicious spinach dip, then we had steak, chicken and shrimp fondue followed by lindsay's crepes, chocolate mousse pie and chocolate dipped strawberries (is your mouth watering yet?) even though i brought my camera, i totally forgot to take pictures (that seems to have been happening a lot lately). so the picture below is of the 4 girls (mindy, anna, lindsay and i) the next day at lincoln's 2nd birthday party. i'm so happy to have made good friends in our new ward (and they are *amazing* girls)!
check out the cute train cake that mindy made for lincoln