Friday, July 4, 2008

"sick" day

last sunday night i came down with a bug and didn't go to work on monday. ok, so technically it was an "i don't want to go to work and i want to stay home and play with my husband" bug, but that's just a technicality. so we slept in little (without wasting too much of the day), i went for a run and then we headed to elitch's. we started out at the waterpark, but decided after waiting in lines for too long, having too little selection and not the most exciting rides that we would head to the amusement park. we rode every rollercoaster (minderaser twice because it's my favorite) and had a great time!

that night we headed to a bbq for a little get together with some of my friends from high school at the archer's since andy was home for a few weeks from iraq and doug and dana were in town from tucson. of course i left my camera in my purse and didn't remember it until we were leaving, resulting in a picture-less post. it was great to see everyone and i feel so grateful for the wonderful friends i have been blessed with.

i have decided that every week should be a 3 1/2 day work week. it is totally doable!

2 comments:

k.young said...

How fun!! Sounds like the perfect "ditch" day! :)

Maegan said...

Sounds like a really fun day. I hope the BBQ was fun. I hope Doug and Dana and Andy were all doing well.