Thursday, May 8, 2008

highlights of the week

2 years ago dave asked me out for a date on may 5. he had planned to take me on a picnic, but it ended up being rainy and so he spread a blanket on his living room floor and we had a picnic with chinese food indoors. so to celebrate cinco de mayo this year i surprised dave and recreated the date (well, part of it). here is dave enjoying a little chinese food on a blanket in our living room (notice he can never make a normal face in pictures). it's crazy what can happen in 2 years!


our latest discovery...hola fruta! we totally recommend it.


getting a refund check from t-mobile for the new phone i bought. i ended up making $30 on the phone. not bad!

this week has been a tough week for me at work...too much work and too little time. i have wanted to cry more than once (actually i think i did once) and i have wanted to walk out a couple of times. but that's not an option and now there is just one more day of work before i leave for our conference in nashville (what all the work has been for). dave has been so wonderful as i have been a total stress case this week. tonight i came home and there were tea light candles all over the apartment, 2 dozen roses and he had dinner ready. after dinner he insisted i take a bath and relax while he did the dishes. i sure am a lucky girl. he is the best!!

3 comments:

k.young said...

Wow! I need to be pampered like that!!

Chris said...

Sheesh, Dave! Way to make the rest of us look bad!

Anonymous said...

It is great to read and see what you are all doing. I think that blogs are awesome way to keep in touch. I hope you remember me, I'm your noisey cousin from Idaho. I will be sending you a family group sheet that I need you to finish for me please. I gave a copy to your grandpa so you could just give him the information. I am really hoping to get this done for the reunion on the 28th of June. So please see if you can help me, my email is kchill@cableone.net