Wednesday, May 19, 2010

my first mother's day!

dave spoiled me and made me feel so special on my first mother's day. my day included: cuddling in bed with logan, an amazing breakfast and dinner made by dave, a beautiful stargazer lily plant, a book about inspiring women in the scriptures, visits to both of our moms and spending time together as a family. being a mother has brought me more joy than i could have imagined. it is hard to believe i've been a mother for less than a year because it has made every part of my life more meaningful. i am grateful for a husband who values what i am doing and doesn't miss an opportunity to thank me for what i do for our family. i am grateful for my mom and mother-in-law who exemplify all that is beautiful, strong, selfless and loving about motherhood.
"motherhood is near to divinity. it is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by a woman."
-president david o. mckay

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hooray for mothers and motherhood! It seems like you had a great day. I love that quote by Pres. McKay. It always puts things into perspective for me. I need to memorize it so I can repeat it to myself on those challenging days.

SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!