Monday, May 18, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
some of my random thoughts...
1. today after church dave and i were sitting on the floor in our dining room eating cereal (we love cereal. if it wasn't so expensive i think we could live off of it). we lost our kitchen table, which means we usually eat sitting on the couch these days. apparently it was time for a change of scenery and so dave chose the floor. i guess technically we didn't lose our table. we know where it went. dave's sister has been kind enough to let us use her table for the past (almost) 2 years. but we knew eventually she would want it back and that day came a couple of weeks ago. so we are checking out craigslist to see what kind of table we can score. anyway, we are sitting on the floor, eating cereal...i'm having golden grahams and dave's eating captain crunch with crunch berries. i think we were laughing about something stupid and suddenly i thought, "someone is actually going to let us have a kid?!" sometimes i feel like we aren't old enough (although in terms of the mormon timeline we actually are pretty old for having our first kid). i guess often times it's that we don't act like we are that old (or maybe we just don't act mature). but even when our little guy comes (in 53 days), we're not giving up our "kid" cereal...even if we are supposed to act like adults!
2. i have some major cankles going on. my feet swelled up on friday and haven't quite deflated yet. who knows, maybe the cankles are here to stay for the next couple of months.
3. those that have ever watched a movie or tv show with me might recall that i become very engaged in what i am watching. as in, sometimes i get so caught up in the story and it's almost like the characters become real to me. this means i cry easily (even when i'm not pregnant) and sometimes feel a little devastated when things don't work out how i had hoped. it also means that when a show ends i sometimes feel a bit of a void in my life and/or become frustrated with how the show ended. it happened when gilmore girls ended (yes, i cried during the series finale). many months ago dave and i started watching "scrubs." we are now the proud owners of season 1-7 and last night watched the season (and most likely series) finale. it was one of the first times that i have been please with how a show ends. yes, i cried and feel like i will miss my scrubs "friends," but overall i feel a good sense of closure (and we even re-watched the last scene again...i loved it). yes, i know it's just a tv show and as i type this i know how ridiculous it all sounds. oh well! now you know to beware of "random" posts.
4. i got to see some old friends that i just don't get to see enough this weekend at a baby shower. that of course meant we had to take a few pictures.
jen zajacs, summer tenney (who the shower was for) and me
my old roomie skye
me at 32 (and a half) weeks and jen showing off. this picture is actually designed to start some wild rumors. jen is not pregnant but puffed out her shirt for the picture. we'll see how many people just look at pictures on this blog and don't read the text! :)
Posted by stephanie and dave at 10:36 PM
last week i was thrown the cutest baby shower! it was given by some ladies in the ward i grew up in (the ward i still think of as my "home ward" even though i haven't attended there for many years. it is *the best* ward). the decorations were darling (see for yourself below), we played a fun game (which reiterated my memory is not what it once was), everyone was so generous (especially with sharing their talent for sewing) and it was so fun to see all the ladies i have looked up to growing up (and still look up to). it was a fantastic evening!
Posted by stephanie and dave at 9:09 PM
for the last month it seems like there has constantly been something to celebrate in our family including:
- erin's birthday (dave's sister). she and her husband john live in utah, but were in town for the big day!
- kari's bridal shower (dave's other sister). it was quite the shindig, complete delicious food such as tuxedo chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate dipped fortune cookies! they really know how to throw a party!
- kari's birthday (the end of april and beginning of may is a busy time in the wessler family)
- sterling's college graduation and graduation party (kari's soon to be hubby)
it's been such a fun month and the celebrating will continue with pete's birthday (my father in law) and kari's wedding! we can't wait!
Posted by stephanie and dave at 8:44 PM
we got a gift card to the movies for christmas and we have been saving it for months until there was a movie worth seeing. that movie was "x-men origins: wolverine." dave has read all the comics and has been looking forward to it since it was first advertised. and i think hugh jackman is pretty easy on the eyes! dave got into the spirit of things and shaved some wolverine chops. after seeing the movie we decided his chops looked more like sabretooth's, although i think he is much better looking than Liev Schreiber!
Posted by stephanie and dave at 8:16 PM